Ready to apply? Project Lifesaver bracelets are intended for individuals who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, dementia, autism, or other cognitive impairments including some mental illnesses.
Applications for a Project Lifesaver bracelets can be requested via:
• Email at LAFound@wdacs.lacounty.gov;
• By calling the LA Found Hotline at 1-833-569-7651 Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM; or
• By completing a Project Lifesaver Referral here.
Along with the completed application, the authorized agent is also required to sign a Project Lifesaver Pilot Program Contract and Release and submit the following documentation:
• Copy of ID for person who will be wearing the device (the participant)
• Copy of ID for participant’s authorized Agent
• Copy of documentation proving authorized Agent status (for children: birth certificate or guardianship document; for adults: Power of Attorney, Conservatorship or proof of status as healthcare decision maker).
If you have questions regarding the documentation requested, please contact us via email or by calling the LA Found Hotline.
Once approved, the LA Found Unit with the Department of Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS) will contact you to schedule distribution of the bracelet, train the caregiver on how to assemble the bracelet and test/replace batteries on the device. The LA Found Unit at WDACS will also assist with setting up your bracelet with the Los Angeles County Sherriff’s Department.
Project Lifesaver bracelets are also available for purchase. The bracelet costs $375.00.